Guitar Lesson Info
I have been a guitar instructor in the St Thomas Ontario area for over 25 years. I teach a variety of styles from rock, blues, jazz, country and acoustic finger-style. Students start off by learning the basics (notes, chords and a few scales). Once you have reached a certain level, you can pick songs that you want to learn. I have taught many students that have gone on to University / College, played in Rock Bands or just enjoyed learning songs to jam along with friends. My students vary in age from 6yrs old – to retired folks wanting a new hobby. You are never too old to learn!
What you will learn
1) Notes on the guitar
2) Power chords - ..."if you want to be a Rock Star you have to know power chords!"
3) Basic chords and advanced chords – I will teach you how to move from one chord to the next along with your favourite songs.
4) Strumming – Learning rhythm and proper strumming is very important. I will teach you how.
5) How to memorize chords – You won’t ever need the 1001 chord dictionary!
6) Basic scales and advanced scales - I will show you scales and modes in a way that is easy to learn and memorize.
7) Acoustic fingerstyle - You will learn popular finger picking songs, classical pieces and jazz chord melodies.
“Playing guitar should be fun and as a teacher I try to make it fun no matter what your musical journey is. ”
— Guy Miskelly